The Virtual Private Network, or VPN, connection is used most when working off-campus. This connection will allow you to securely access specific resources that are restricted to the SMU Network. This includes library resources, network storage drives, many applications, and intranet websites.
- You must have an existing internet connection before connecting to SMU VPN.
- You can use either the VPN portal (browser only) or download the full VPN client.
- Connecting to the SMU VPN allows access from an external ISP to on-campus internet and intranet resources (library resources, policies, internal sites, etc.).
There are currently two VPN solutions available for the SMU community, the Cisco AnyConnect VPN and the GlobalProtect VPN. The GlobalProtect is a new VPN solution that supports many connections. If you have not yet installed the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, please select the GlobalProtect VPN as your solution. The AnyConnect client will continue to work at this time.
Using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN
Initiate an AnyConnect client session to provide client applications on your desktop with network access through your VPN, depending on your company's VPN configuration and your own network access rights. For example, an AnyConnect session might be necessary to access services, such as Sitecore.
To Install AnyConnect:
- Go to vpn.smu.edu
- Log in with your SMU credentials
- Click AnyConnect link on the left side of the screen
- Click Start AnyConnect in the center of the screen
- It should download and begin to install automatically
- If you get a message that the web-based installation failed, click the AnyConnect VPN link to resume installation
- Click Save File and then run the file from your downloads
- An install wizard will start, click Next to continue
- Check box next to "I accept the terms in the License Agreement" and click Next
- Click Install
- Click Finish
To Connect AnyConnect to SMU VPN:
- Open Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Enter vpn.smu.edu
- Click Connect
- When prompted, enter SMU credentials
- Click OK
When it is connected, the AnyConnect icon will have a closed (locked) padlock.
When is it disconnect, the AnyConnect icon will have an open (unlocked) padlock.
Selecting the Appropriate Client
The AnyConnect VPN offers both a web portal for temporary VPN access and a full client.
The web portal, located through any web browser, is ideal for quick or occasional use. The web portal can be accessed by logging into vpn.smu.edu with any web browser. Once you have logged in, simply navigate to the desired website or network storage location within the web browser. Only the traffic within the browser window is routed through the vpn connection.
For more frequent use or to use applications that require an SMU network connection, download the Any Connect client. Once this client is connected, all network traffic from your computer is routed through the SMU network.
Using the GlobalProtect VPN
To support an increased number of VPN connections, a second VPN solution has been introduced.If you have already installed the Cisco VPN client, you may continue to use it. If you are new to VPN, we recommend installing the new client.
- Go to gp-vpn.smu.edu
- Login with your SMU credentials If you receive a script error, just click Yes and it should proceed to the Duo prompt.
- Authenticate with Duo when prompted.
- Download the appropriate client based on your computer operating system.
- To determine if you have a 32Bit or 64Bit Windows device:
- Go to settings > About. The information will be listed under Device specifications-- System type.
- When you wish to use the VPN, simply launch the application, enter gp-vpn.smu.edu as the server name, sign in and authenticate with Duo.