October 25, 2018
Dallas (SMU) – Registered Dallas County voters – including students, faculty, staff and community members – will have the opportunity to vote early on the SMU campus Monday, Oct. 29 through Wednesday, Oct. 31. The polling place at the Hughes-Trigg Student Center, 3140 Dyer St., Suite 205, will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Free visitor parking will be available in the Binkley and Moody parking centers to accommodate early voters.
"We are so pleased that Dallas County chose to locate a polling place at SMU for early voters,” said Dr. Kenechukwu (K.C.) Mmeje, Vice President for Student Affairs. “Hughes-Trigg Student Center is a convenient location for our campus community, and this is an incentive for students to participate in the democratic process.”
The Dallas County Elections Department has information about early voting on its website.
Participants in early voting must be registered in Dallas County and present one of the following forms of identification.
- Texas driver’s license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph or
With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification brought to the election site must be current or have expired no more than 4 years before being presented for voter qualification.
If the voter does not possess one of the forms of identification listed above, he or she can present one of the supporting forms of ID listed online and sign a Reasonable Impediment Declaration document at the polling place.