May 26, 2015
DALLAS (SMU) – TEDxSMU is hosting an all-day event featuring live and simulcast speakers focused on women and women’s issues at the Hughes-Trigg Student Center Thursday, May 28.
The gathering at SMU will serve as an umbrella for TEDWomen 2015, a live simulcast TED event curated by TED and Pat Mitchell.
Open to the public, participants can join for one session or the whole day. The program will start at 9 a.m. with on-site speakers, listed below. Two of the on-site speakers are part of the SMU community - Kimberly Davis teaches at SMU’s Cox School in the Executive Education Program, and Jasmin Rohman graduated from the Lyle School of Engineering with a master of science in engineering management.
The program will live-streaming each session of the TEDWomen conference as it happens in California, beginning at 10:30 a.m. central time.
It’s a casual come and go event. Free tickets are available to attend the live and TED simulcast sessions. A limited number of all-day passes are available for $12 and include all sessions, lunch, a cocktail reception and think tank discussions. All-day pass holders will also receive a VIP gift bag.
Get tickets at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/tedxsmuwomen-2015-tickets-16703056291?ref=ebtnebregn.
TEDxWomen events are TEDx events hosted around the live webcast of TEDWomen and feature live, local speakers. TEDxSMUWomen is one of many TEDx events happening around the globe on May 28 that will expand on the ideas brought up at TEDWomen.
9:00 am - 10:00 am Live Speaker Session
- Michelle Adams | Marketing Brainology | Applying Neuromarketing to increase our own appeal & desirability
- Jasmin Rohman | Raytheon | A Systematic Approach for Women to Achieve Career Success
- Lisa Fey | Atta Girl | Dialing for Dreams
- Ann Ranson | Intentions Work | No Regrets: Momentum for the Next Generation
- Kimberly Davis | OnStage Leadership | What It Means to Be a Brave Leader
10:30 am - 12:00 pm TEDWomen Session 1 Spark:
- Achenyo Idachaba |Green entrepreneur
- Rana el Kaliouby | Emotion analytics expert
- Gina Loring | Poet and vocalist
- Sunni Patterson | Poet
- Christina Mercando | CEO
- Robin Murphy | Disaster roboticist
- Nonny de la Peña | Virtual reality pioneer
11:45 am - 1:00 pm Lunch
12:45 pm - 2:15pm TEDWomen Session 2 Surface:
- Rich Benjamin | Social observer
- Roxane Gay | Writer
- Kakani Katija | Bioengineer
- Elizabeth Nyamayaro | Political scientist
- Pardis Sabeti | Computational geneticist
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm Think Tank Discussions
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm TEDWomen Session 3 Seduce:
- Maria Bello | Actor and activist
- Nancy Lublin | Activist
- Lerato Mokobe Poet
- Erin Pettit | Glacier explorer
- Mubin Shaikh | Anti-extremist scholar
- Marlene Zuk | Evolutionary biologist
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm Cocktail Reception
6:30 pm - 8:15 pm TEDWomen Session 4: Sustain
- Memory Banda | Activist
- Jimmy Carter | Peace activist
- Billie Jean King | Tennis legend and activist
- Mary Robinson | Global leader
- Sakena Yacoobi | Education activist
*If you have any questions please e-mail TEDxSMU@gmail.com or call 214-768-1558
TEDxSMUWomen 2015 is proudly being presented by Dallas Women’s Foundation.