June 24, 2009
Each summer, SMU's Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering sponsors the Engineering Camp for Girls, a week-long, half-day program designed to interest girls entering 8th-12th grade in the fall in engineering, a profession long dominated by men.
At the camp girls explore engineering through hands-on, interactive projects that show how engineering is related to social concerns, community interest and individual development.
Objectives of the camp include:
- Hands-on engineering experience through team project.
- Discover careers in engineering from Dallas-based female engineers.
- Learn leadership skills from a female engineer.
- Learn about college: applications, entrance essays, financial aid.
- Make new friends that share your interest in math, science and engineering!
Read more about the Engineering Camp for Girls.
# # #