SMU Libraries can help you find the data you need.
- Search our subscription databases with data.
- Learn more about Datasets and Data Repositories on our Research Guide.
- Contact your subject librarian for help.
If you need to acquire data, SMU Libraries can help you find and negotiate with vendors. We also work on a case-by-case basis to purchase datasets for researchers, with higher priority going to data with permanent rights and multi-user licenses. Request a data purchase.
Research data management is the process of maintaining your research data throughout your project. It involves planning and documenting how your data will be collected or created, analyzed, stored, and shared. Learn more on the Research Data Management Guide.
SMU Libraries Research Data Management Support can help you ensure that your data is findable and accessible, preserved over the long-term, and that it meets the requirements of funding agencies. We offer resources for data management for grants and other projects.
- DMPTool - Create a plan and manage and share your data.
- SMU Dataverse Repository - store, publish, and share datasets in compliance with funding agreements.
- SMU Scholar - store and share finalized research output (articles, presentations, publications, etc.) derived from your research data.
High-Performance Computing Facilities
ManeFrame II/III and NVIDIA DGX SuperPOD for computationally intensive processing of research data. Contact the Center for Research Computing and the Office of Information Technology for more information on these high-performance research clusters.
- Request help with data management planning, description, storage, and archiving. For questions, contact Research Data Management Support at email@example.com.
- For help with programming, data visualization, cleaning, or analysis such as web scraping, contact OIT Data Science Support.
- For statistical consulting, contact SMU Statistical Consulting Center.