Introducing Bloomberg Office Hours – Available Summer 2020
The Business Library is excited to announce that beginning June 1, 2020, we will be able to offer limited access to Bloomberg.
For the recent graduates/August graduating students, you too have access through summer!
- We are limited to one Bloomberg for student use. Because of this we can only offer Bloomberg during a specific window during the day.
- Access will be remote via Zoom and limited to 30 minutes at a time with 1 appointment per day.
- If no one else is signed up after your allotted 30 minutes, you may request to extend your Zoom session.
- If you have reference questions while using Bloomberg, please email email@example.com and a business librarian will respond to your question.
- Once your scheduled time ends, you agree to exit the Zoom meeting on time so the next person can have access.
- To access your data away from Bloomberg, you will need to log into your SMU email and send it to yourself via email.
- At the scheduled end of your appointment, you agree to delete all downloaded/saved documents from the computer so the computer is fresh for the next person.
- You agree that any information downloaded from Bloomberg is meant for SMU academic research use only and will not be shared outside SMU.
Remote Bloomberg Appointment sign up
Free Resources for Online Teaching and Research
Many publishers are making their online content freely available to support students and faculty during the pandemic. If you can't find what you need, the Libraries have funds available to purchase online editions needed texts or can work with publishers to make content available to you. Contact your librarian for more help.
Business Library: Open for Business but Doing Our Part and Staying One Peruna Apart!
The Business Library is open for the fall semester with limited capacity, required face coverings, and spaced seating for physical distancing. Business Librarians are available to provide virtual assistance for your research needs. The Business Library has reduced fall hours and the space can only be accessed with a valid SMU ID as its main doors will remain locked to ensure that only current students, faculty, and staff are entering the library.
View current status information on all SMU Libraries.