Student Services

Academic advisors frequently refer students to resources on campus that can assist students with specific questions or needs. Here is a list of common referrals.

Academic Departments
Sometimes, your advisor will recommend that you contact a specific department for assistance. If you need that department's contact information, you can find it here.

Altshuler Learning Enhancement Center (A-LEC)
The A-LEC offers tutoring, a writing center, learning strategies workshops, and academic counseling to name a few. All of these services are offered free of charge for SMU students! Go to the A-LEC's website to view their schedule and get more information.

Disability Accommodations and Success Strategies (DASS)
DASS assists students with disabilities to effectively utilize resources and obtain appropriate and reasonable accommodations. To establish eligibility for accommodations or get more information about DASS resources, please visit the DASS website.

Financial Aid
If you need specific information related to your financial aid package, please contact your Financial Aid Counselor. If your questions are more general, check out the office's website.

Hegi Family Career Development Center
Career Counselors in Hegi work with students in a variety of ways. Students who are undecided in their major or career path may find a visit to Hegi helpful as they determine what degree to pursue. Hegi can also assist in developing resumes, graduate school research, internship and job searches, and more. Students should be sure to log onto Handshake - an online portal with a lot of resources, including a job and internship search.

SMU Abroad
The SMU Abroad website is a great way to start exploring study abroad opportunities. As you explore the options, start working with your academic advisor to determine the best time to go abroad.