AP/IB/Dual Credit

When you and your advisor discuss your semester schedule, please be sure to mention any credit you expect to receive through AP, IB, CLEP, or a dual credit program. To view the credits that can be earned through AP, IB, and CLEP, visit the Credit by Examination page on the Registrar's website.

If you have dual credit, be sure to request that the college awarding the credit sends your final transcript to SMU. When your transcript is received, the Registrar will evaluate it and apply the appropriate credit to your SMU transcript. Your academic advisor can help you understand what credits you have earned.