User Experience Design
Who Should Attend?
- Web and app designers and front-end developers, as well as software developers
- Graphic, visual, and product designers
- Interactive and digital marketing professionals
- User-research and usability analysts
- Information architects, interaction designers and community managers
- Product developers, product managers and business analysts
- All courses are taught by seasoned professionals who work in the UX industry and share tips and tricks of the profession that employers demand.
- The program has been developed in consultation with the industry to be relevant and completely up-to-date.
- Classes are scheduled on weekday evenings to fit your busy life, and you can complete your certificate outside of work hours in just one semester.
Certificate Program Completion Requirements
- Introduction to User Experience (1 full-day Saturday workshop)
- User Experience Design Strategy (2 classes)
- User Research and User-Centered Analysis (4 classes)
- User Experience Design and Process Strategy (5 classes)
- Usability Testing (3 classes)
- Final presentation of student projects (1 class)
- Design Principles in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Holograms
- Hands-On Design Thinking
- Designing Customer Experiences and Service Design
- Data Visualization, Infographics and Dashboard Design
- Experience Design & Branding on Voice-Enabled Devices
- Customer Journey Mapping
- The 18 month clock begins on the first day of class.
- The program must be completed within the 18-month period so students should plan their schedules accordingly. This means that the last day of class of the last necessary area must be completed within the 18-month period.
- After 18 months from the student’s first day of class, when the student originally begins the program, the student’s enrollment in the program expires. The student will be removed from participating in the program. If they have not successfully completed the program within the 18-month window, their program status is “incomplete” and they will not receive a certificate of completion from the program.
- After 18 months, a former student may reapply to the program and will be subject to the program’s current tuition rate and space availability.
- Talk one-on-one with an advisor to answer your specific questions. Call us at 214-768-1086 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for the User Experience Design Certificate program.
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition for the User Experience Design Certificate program is $3,495 if you register and pay for the full certificate by the priority deadline ($3,745 thereafter). This is more than $1,000 in savings over the price of the courses if purchased separately.
- Discounts are available for SMU faculty, staff, students and alumni, as well as for groups and not-for-profit organizations.
- Complete and submit the application form related to the certificate program of your choice.
- Be sure to indicate if you are seeking Sallie Mae as a tuition option for your program.
- Apply for the loan through our official Sallie Mae portal website. You will receive your decision in less than 30 minutes after applying for the loan. If you are approved for the loan, Sallie Mae will notify SMU CAPE within 24 – 48 hours.
- You will receive an award letter from the SMU CAPE office and a registration email confirming your enrollment in the program. General Policies Students must register before attending a course. Instructors cannot accept registration fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment..
Students must register before attending a course. Instructors cannot accept registration fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment.
Registration and Enrollment
- If taking the full User Experience Design Certificate program, please click “Register” and then “Apply Now” to begin your application. You will be required to log in or create an account if you do not already have one.
- After completing and submitting your application, SMU will approve your application and facilitate your payment.
- If you are interested in taking individual User Experience Design courses, please view available courses and enroll.
- You will receive an email receipt confirming your enrollment.
Did you know?
Average annual salary for app developers in Texas
Projected increase in employment by 2024 for web developers
Top job titles include UX designer, java developer, web developer.