SFP Script Submission
***The Summer Film Production program IS currently accepting submissions***
Script submission is NOW OPEN for the 2021-23 SFP! The submission deadline is January 31, 2021.
All scripts must be submitted as PDF files using the form on the bottom of this page.
Anyone may submit a script, and there is no limit on how many scripts an individual or writing team may submit.
To be considered for selection, scripts must meet the following criteria:
- Treatments or short stories will not be considered. ALL submissions must be completed screenplays for either a feature-length screenplays (i.e., 85-120 pages) or a TV series pilot.
- Scripts must be completely original work. No scripts based on existing material (unless that material was written by and is solely owned by the screenwriter) will be considered.
- Scripts must be possible (in the determination of the Film & Media Arts faculty) to make on a low budget with a 10-14 day shoot.
- Scripts must be shootable within 300 miles of Dallas. This does not require that the shoot be based in Dallas (the 2015-17 SFP Elsewhere, TX, for instance, was shot in Nacogdoches, TX, about three hours from Dallas) but scripts should not require locations farther than a few hours away. Entirely Dallas-based shoots (Legacy, the 2013-15 SFP, was shot entirely around Dallas) are fine as well.
- In general, scripts may be of any genre except documentary.
For further guidance on scripts, see the "Script Questions" section of the FAQ page.
Scripts will be read and assessed by a committee for quality, interest, and feasibility given the constraints (budgetary and time) and structure (student-run production) of this program. For additional guidance on how script selection decisions are made, see "What are you looking for in a script?" on the FAQs page.
After completing this form (make sure to attach your script in PDF format ONLY), you should receive a confirmation that the form and script have been received; if you have not received such a confirmation within a week after submitting both, please email us to check that they were properly received.