Record Updates and Inquiries

Transcript Requests

Students can access their unofficial transcripts online by logging-on to and selecting the “Academic Records” square. Then select “View Unofficial Transcript.” If students would like a copy of their official transcript, contact the Registrar’s Office.

Official Transcripts

Verification Requests

Enrollment Verification

Enrollment verifications are requested online through after the semester census date. If an enrollment verification is needed prior to the beginning of a term (i.e., for a scholarship), the request should be made via email

Enrollment Verification

Degree Verification

Former students who need to obtain a degree verification, for any reason, should contact the National Student Clearinghouse.

National Student Clearinghouse Website

SACM Letters

The ISSS office can only write letters for students and scholars at SMU under the F or J visa. Letter requests may take up to 5 business days to process.

Please have your I-20 or DS-2019 available while preparing a letter request.