Administered by VSP
Group # 30016102-0001
The Vision Plan is available to part-time and full-time faculty and staff. You have the opportunity to enroll yourself, your spouse, and eligible children. It is extremely important that you understand the eligibility criteria and enroll only those individuals that meet the following criteria.
- Your spouse and your unmarried, dependent children until 25th birthday (regardless of student status). "Children" are defined as your natural children, stepchildren, legally adopted children, and children under your legal guardianship.
You can locate In-Network Ophthalmologists and Optometrists in your area by visiting the VSP Website.
Out-of-Network Vision Claims
How do I file an out-of-network vision claim?
Although Vision plan participants will always get the best value by using VSP in-network providers, you do have the option to use out-of-network eye care and eyewear providers. You can upload images of your receipts when completing the Member Reimbursement form on VSP.com. This will replace having to mail in the out-of-network claim form with copies of your receipts. You can also login to your vsp.com account to check the status of your claims. Follow the steps below to file an out-of-network claim:
- Go to vsp.com and log in to your account.
- Once logged in, click on “Benefits & Claims” under the “Members” tab.
- Select the “Claims & Reimbursement” box.
- Click the “Submit and Out of Network Claim” bar to view form information and then click “Start New Claim".
- On the form, select the patient and then enter the practice information, services received and costs.
- Upload up to three receipt images. If you have more than three receipts or want to mail it instead, you can print it at this step to mail in.
- Click “Submit” and you’re done! You will receive a check in about 10 days.
Important: VSP has teamed up with market leaders in the eye care industry to provide VSP members exclusive offers. These offers are in addition to VSP plan coverage and can be combined with coverage or used separately. Learn more about the offers on the Rebates and Special Offers section on smu.vspforme.com. New offers will be added often so be sure to check back frequently.