An Opportunity for Dallas County Students
An education at a nationally recognized, private university is more affordable than you think.
The Mustang Scholarship is awarded to students graduating from high schools located in Dallas County (Texas). The scholarship specifically seeks to identify talented students from low-socioeconomic backgrounds.
SMU will select up to ten (10) high school seniors to receive a four-year Mustang Scholarship. This is a last-dollar scholarship (combined with other grants and scholarships) to provide full tuition and fees for up to eight consecutive semesters at SMU. It is available exclusively to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
Selection is through a holistic review based on academic and extra-curricular achievement, financial need, and leadership potential as demonstrated throughout high school and in the application and interview process.
- Graduation from a public, private or charter high school located in Dallas County (Texas)
- Admission into SMU for the fall semester following high school graduation
- Texas residency
- Verified Pell Grant eligibility as defined by a FAFSA or the equivalent demonstrated need as defined by the TASFA
- Priority given to students with a cumulative “A” average (3.500 GPA) in grades 9-12
- Graduate from a Dallas County high school
- Maintain a satisfactory disciplinary and criminal record.
- Maintain a 2.500 cumulative SMU GPA, successfully complete 75% of courses attempted, and maintain full-time student status.
- This scholarship is good for eight consecutive semesters or until you complete your bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
Selected finalists will be invited to interview at SMU in mid-March and the scholarship recipients will be notified by April 1. For more information about applying for admission, scholarships or financial aid as well as fee waivers, contact Destiny Whitaker, Admission Counselor, at 214-768-2058 or email@example.com.