The Moody School of Graduate and Advanced Studies provides support and administrative assistance to graduate students at SMU. The Moody School performs final review of application files for Ph.D. and Dedman College Master’s programs, assists in recruiting outstanding and diverse prospective students to these programs, and manages the academic progress and graduation of graduate students in these programs. We oversee University-wide initiatives for graduate students, such as Research and Innovation Week and the Doctoral Graduation Dinner. We foster a community of graduate students at SMU through student life activities, and we help graduate students achieve career success through professional development workshops and resources, such as travel grants and the Graduate Writing Center.
In the Moody School of Graduate and Advanced Studies Dean’s Office, graduate students will find help with the following:
- General admissions questions for Ph.D. and Dedman College master’s programs
- Moody, University, and Mustang Ph.D. fellowships
- Moody and Dean’s dissertation fellowships
- Ph.D. health insurance awards
- Graduate student travel grants
- Graduate student life initiatives
- Professional development workshops and resources
- Changes in academic status, dropping/adding courses, and other forms for Ph.D. and Dedman College master’s students
- Dissertation submission and graduation requirements for Ph.D. and Dedman College Master’s students
The Moody School of Graduate and Advanced Studies Dean’s Office is located in Suite 363, on the third floor of Moody Hall. The office is directed by Dean Robin Poston, who is also the associate provost for graduate education. Learn more about our staff or reach out to us!