About your ID Card
Need to get your SMU ID Card? Please upload your photo by logging in to your SMU ID Card Account with your SMU ID and password and follow the steps to upload your photo. There is no charge for your initial ID card.
Your new ID card will be printed at our office avaiable Monday to Friday 8:30 A.M. to 4:15 P.M.
New resident students will receive the card at check in for their resident hall.
Photos must meet the following requirements:
- Size: Roughly square, less than 6MP total (NOTE: Picture size square, 1024 x 1024 pixels minimum)
- Format: JPEG
- Taken within last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Photo should be like a driver's license or passport photo
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing you normally wear on a daily basis
- Keep in mind party pics, vacation photos, cap and gown photos etc. make great memories but won't work for an ID Photo
- You will be notified if your photo does not meet the requirements listed above and asked to submit another photo. Card for approved photos will be printed and you will be notified when and how to pick up your new ID Card. All notifications will come from ID Card Services to your ___ @smu.edu email address.
Please Note: Incoming Resident Undergraduate Students will receive their initial SMU ID card when they check in for their resident hall.
ID Card Care
- Holes, stickers, tape and other alterations will render your card useless.
- Treat your SMU ID just as you would your driver’s license or credit card.
- Punching holes or other alterations made will result in a $40 replacement fee.
Replacing an SMU ID Card
For Students and Employees
- Lost or stolen ID cards visit SMU ID Card Account site located under the ID Card Services tab and click the Activate/Deactivate ID Card link.
- To replace your ID card please visit the Parking and ID Card Services office Monday to Friday 8:30AM to 4:15 PM
- You will be charged a $40 replacement card fee payable online at my.smu.edu or at the Student Services counter at Enrollment Services located in the Laura Lee Blanton building.
Please Note: Students may order a replacement SMU ID card only if they are registered for the current semester of operation.
For Service Providers and Contractors
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and SMU ID number to request a replacement. We will notify via email you when your ID Card is ready for pick up at the Parking and ID Card Services Office. There is a $40 replacement fee for lost cards payable with credit card or check at the time of replacement.
Replacing an SMU ID card due to normal wear and tear
Card wearing out, maybe not working like it used to?
To replace your ID free of charge because of fair, wear and tear, please visit our office during business hours.
Cards that have damage, such as holes punched or other alterations, that is not normal wear and tear are not covered. A fee of $40 will be charged to replace.