Welcome to SMU! The Parking and ID Card Services Office offers solutions and directions to those who need to move around the campus. Reshaping public perception. Discovering a new way of doing business. Our mission is to provide SMU identification cards and a comprehensive array of parking services for the campus community, as well as visitors.
Need to activate your new ID card?
Log in with your SMU ID number and password at http://idcard.smu.edu. SMU employees and students who need a new or replacement SMU ID card visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office during business hours at your convenience.
The Parking and ID Card Services Office wishes you a Happy Thanksgiving! Our offices will be closed November 22nd and 23rd. We will reopen Monday November 26th at 8:30am.
Need a parking permit?
A parking permit is required to park on campus year round. Below is information on how to get the right permit for your needs.
- Students registered for Fall Semester classes that do not already have a academic year permit for 2018-19 may order a permit valid through August 1st 2019. online (just log on to your My Parking Account using your SMU ID and Password) Payment is made after the permit is ordered on my.SMU.edu, not on the parking website.
- Employees may obtain permits in our office or online by logging on to their My Parking Account. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitors can purchase permits in our office, online as a guest or use any self-pay & park location referenced on the visitor parking map (see lower right).
Fall parking enforcement schedule is in effect
- Parking enforced Monday to Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Permits are required to park your car on campus at all times all year round.
- Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in the area corresponding to their permit: Resident "yellow" or AUP "red" on the campus parking map.
- Lettered employee lots remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is required.
- Employees may park in AUP or as indicated on the campus parking map for the type of permit.
- For a full listing of enforcement hours and parking regulations, please visit the Student Handbook's vehicle regulations section.
Toys for Tickets
SMU Parking and ID Card Services graciously offers students, faculty, and staff the opportunity to pay off parking tickets by donating toys of equal or greater value to their parking tickets.* Ticket dismissal applies only to unpaid SMU parking tickets issued for unauthorized parking, parking without a permit, over time parking, or improper display of a permit.
* To take advantage of the Toys for Tickets exchange, drivers must bring the parking ticket, toy, and receipt for the toy(s) showing the value of the toy(s) is equal or greater than amount of the ticket to Parking and ID Card Services in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center by November 30th.
Don't have a ticket?
You can still donate toys to any of the collection box locations across campus.
Game day parking
Learn more about campus parking options on SMU's game days.
Bike sharing: VBikes at SMU
Burn calories, enjoy the outdoors and get where you need to go with the new VBikes dockless bike sharing system!
Car sharing: Zipcar at SMU
No car on campus? No problem! For more information or to sign up for Zipcar, download the app from AppStore or Googleplay at zipcar.com/mobile or http://www.zipcar.com/smu/.
Parkmobile metered parking
Parkmobile, LLC, the leading provider of on-demand and prepaid mobile payments for on- and off-street parking announced today its partnership with Southern Methodist University to provide mobile payments for metered parking to the campus. Visitors will be able to use the app on-street throughout the campus metered parking spaces using Parkmobile’s app for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones or by calling the toll-free number on the green meter stickers and signs. Parkmobile’s mobile payments system is very simple and easy to use. Customers first must register by either downloading the mobile app in their phone’s app store, online at www.parkmobile.com, or calling the toll-free number on Parkmobile signage. Once registered, they may immediately begin using the system. Learn more.
Student DART Transit Pass
DART Transit GoPass, riders are able to commute to campus by bus and rail with public transportation that is reliable, economical and hassle free! You must be currently registered for Fall 2018 semester's classes, have a photo ID and your US cellphone registered on your my.SMU.edu account to be eligible to download a 2018 student DART GoPass transit pass.
Your new 2018 DART Transit GoPass will be delivered right to your cell phone. Check out what the GoPass App looks like at http://www.gopass.biz/. Just download DART's free GoPass Mobile Ticketing Application at the App Store on your cell phone and then register your device by clicking on "My Tickets" in the GoPass App. Once you’ve successfully downloaded GoPass, click here more information.
Please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office at email@example.com or 214-768-7275 for additional information or further assistance.
Please note: The SMU Express and Museum Express shuttles remain free to all riders and do not require a DART Transit Pass to ride.
SMU Express Rider Alert
Rider Alert: 768 and 743 Shuttles Thanksgiving Holiday Schedules
The SMU Express (768) shuttles will not operate Thursday, November 22 through Sunday, November 25.
Regular service will resume on Monday, November 26.
The Museum Express (743) shuttle will run as normal except there will be no service, Thanksgiving Day.
Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at 214-768-7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The In-Session schedule for the SMU Express (768) route resumes August 20th.
Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at email@example.com or 214-768-7275 for additional information or assistance. If you are a student or employee please include your SMU ID number.
Our business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., including the lunch hour.
The last ID is printed at 4:45 p. m. weekdays
Hughes-Trigg Student Center
3140 Dyer Street, Suite 216
Dallas, TX 75275
PO Box 750412
Dallas, TX 75275