Parking and ID Services Office
Welcome to SMU! The Parking and ID Card Services Office offers solutions and directions to those who need to move around the campus. Reshaping public perception. Discovering a new way of doing business. Our mission is to provide SMU identification cards and a comprehensive array of parking services for the campus community, as well as visitors.
Need to activate your new ID card?
Log in with your SMU ID number and password at http://idcard.smu.edu. SMU employees and students who need a new or replacement SMU ID card visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office during business hours at your convenience.
Need a parking permit?
A parking permit is required to park on campus year round. Below is information on how to get the right permit for your needs.
- Students registered for Summer Semester classes that do not already have a academic year permit for 2018-19 may order a permit valid through August 1st 2019. online (just log on to your My Parking Account using your SMU ID and Password) Payment is made after the permit is ordered on my.SMU.edu, not on the parking website.
- Students registered for Fall 2019 classes for more than 48 hours may order the 2019-20 permit valid from August 1, 2019 to August 1, 2020
- Employees may obtain permits in our office or online by logging on to their Parking Portal account. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.
- Visitors can purchase permits in our office, online as a guest or use any self-pay & park location referenced on the visitor parking map (see lower right).
New for the 2019-20 Academic Year
Student and Employee "Decal Permits" will be replaced by "Virtual Permits" using License Plate Recognition software to validate the permit in the system.
Parking Spring enforcement schedule is in effect
- Summer enforcement schedule is in effect until August 5th.
- Permit and metered parking is enforced under Summer enforcement schedule Monday to Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Permits are required to park your car on campus at all times all year round.
- Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in the area corresponding to their permit: Resident "yellow" or AUP "red" on the campus parking map.
- Lettered employee lots (Blue) remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is required.
- Employees may park in AUP or as indicated on the campus parking map for the type of permit.
- For a full listing of enforcement hours and parking regulations, please visit the Student Handbook's vehicle regulations section.
- Fall enforcement schedule begins August 5th. Monday to Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Update your vehicle information now!
Log on to your parking account to update your vehicle by selecting "Vehicles" on the upper left of screen.
May Commencement Parking information
Please click here for information on Commencement and parking information
Game day parking
Learn more about campus parking options on SMU's Athletics game days.
Car sharing: Zipcar at SMU
Parkmobile metered parking
Parkmobile, LLC, the leading provider of on-demand and prepaid mobile payments for on- and off-street parking announced today its partnership with Southern Methodist University to provide mobile payments for metered parking to the campus. Visitors will be able to use the app on-street throughout the campus metered parking spaces using Parkmobile’s app for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones or by calling the toll-free number on the green meter stickers and signs. Parkmobile’s mobile payments system is very simple and easy to use. Customers first must register by either downloading the mobile app in their phone’s app store, online at www.parkmobile.com, or calling the toll-free number on Parkmobile signage. Once registered, they may immediately begin using the system. Learn more.
Student DART Transit Pass
DART Transit GoPass, riders are able to commute to campus by bus and rail with public transportation that is reliable, economical and hassle free! You must be currently registered for Summer 2019 semester's classes, have a photo ID and your US cellphone registered on your my.SMU.edu account to be eligible to download a 2019 student DART GoPass transit pass.
Your new 2019 DART Transit GoPass will be delivered right to your cell phone. Check out what the GoPass App looks like at http://www.gopass.biz/. Just download DART's free GoPass Mobile Ticketing Application at the App Store on your cell phone and then register your device by clicking on "My Tickets" in the GoPass App. Once you’ve successfully downloaded GoPass, click here more information.
Please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-7275 for additional information or further assistance.
Please note: The SMU Express and Museum Express shuttles remain free to all riders and do not require a DART Transit Pass to ride.
SMU Express Rider Alert
- The "Out of Session" Scheduled will go in to effect on May 20, 2019
- The In-Session Schedule for the SMU Express (768) route resumes August 26, 2019.
Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at email@example.com or 214-768-7275 for additional information or assistance. If you are a student or employee please include your SMU ID number.
Our business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., including the lunch hour.
The last ID is printed at 4:45 p. m. weekdays
Hughes-Trigg Student Center
3140 Dyer Street, Suite 216
Dallas, TX 75275
PO Box 750412
Dallas, TX 75275