The Dedman Center’s Indoor Pool is a 5-lane, 25-meter, pool available for recreational swimming to SMU Students, Dedman Center Members and paid guests.
Campus Recreation Aquatics offers a variety of programs and courses designed for enjoyment, safety, and life-long water recreation and exercise. These include swim lessons, lifeguard certification courses, and more. For more information, please get in touch with Angelie Lara, Assistant Director of Operations and Aquatics, at 214-768-9916 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPEN SWIM HOURS
Starting Sept 30th- November 30th
Monday-Friday 6:30-8:30 am
Monday-Friday 12:00-3:00 pm
Monday-Wednesday 4:00 pm-8:00 pm
Saturday 1:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm-7:00 pm
Saturday, September 2: Home Football Game Hours TBD
Monday, September 4: Labor Day
Saturday, September 16: Home Football Game CLOSED
Saturday, September 30: Home Football Game Hours TBD
Friday, October 7 – Tuesday, October 10: Fall Break Semester TBD
Saturday, October 28: Home Football Game Hours TBD
Friday, November 10: Home Football Game Hours Closed TBD
Wednesday, November 22: Thanksgiving Holiday Semester Break Hours Thursday, November 23 – Saturday, November 25: Thanksgiving Holiday CLOSED
NOTE: Changes in the Dedman Center’s indoor pool operating hours will be communicated by email, social media, and the SMU Campus Recreation App. For information, hours, building schedules, and registration at your fingertips, download the SMU Campus Recreation App, free in Apple Store or Google Play. Set Notifications to receive Aquatics and Pool notices.
SMU Campus Recreation Aquatics strives to provide quality water safety instruction and swim lessons for adults and children in a safe and encouraging environment. Instructors will design lessons for varying abilities, from non-swimmers to advanced stroke refinement.
Minor children must be three (3) or older and out of diapers.
Please read the below conditions and rules. Request a Swim Lesson links are below. NOTE: All requests are reviewed and offered to instructors. Once an instructor assumes the client, we will contact the requester and provide additional instructions and directions.
Lessons: 30 minutes
Private Lessons (1 Person Per Instructor Per Lesson):
· Single Lesson: $55
· 5-Pack: $275
· 10-Pack: $550
SMU Campus Recreation Aquatics is NOT responsible for matching participants for Pairs lessons. Participants are responsible for acquiring their partners. Pairs of lessons provided to an individual will continue to account for one lesson.
We only accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover payment methods.
Swim Lesson participants, accompanying family members or caretakers, and Swim Instructors are responsible for self-monitoring for signs or symptoms of COVID-19 before arrival for appointment. Stay at Home and cancel or reschedule (See Cancellations) IF:
· Exhibiting Signs/Symptoms of COVID-19;
· Contact with a person(s) exhibiting signs/symptoms of COVID-19 or awaiting test results; or
· Contact someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last ten days.
Swim Lesson Rules:
- SWIM LESSON PACKAGES WILL EXPIRE 180 DAYS OR 6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. The package becomes invalid upon expiration.
- Swim Lessons are non-refundable and non-transferrable, only for the use of the person(s) to which it is sold.
- Swim lesson participants and accompanying individuals will be expected to abide by University Policies and Dedman Center Rules and Expectations at all times while on property.
- Lessons must be purchased from the Dedman Center before the first lesson.
- Swim Lessons are only for the owner of the package or lesson.
- Swim lesson participants must check-in at the Dedman Center before entering the facility.
- Except for the lesson duration, swim lesson participants are NOT permitted to use the pool or facility without a Dedman Center membership. They are subject to Dedman Center Rules and Standards.
- The family members of swim lesson participants must remain on the pool deck during a lesson and are NOT permitted to use the pool or facility without a Dedman Center membership.
- A single lesson is 30 minutes. Swim instructors may arrange for a longer duration, equating to multiple lessons. EX: a 1-hour session = 2 lessons.
- Instructor Cancellations will not result in loss of lesson.
- In the event of a cancellation by you (the client), with 48 hours’ notice, the SMU instructor will provide you with a make-up lesson
- Should you wish to cancel a lesson the 48-hour window, please call the instructor to make a cancellation. If you cancel a lesson within the 48-hour window, you will not be able to make up that lesson. The instructor will charge a lesson for the missed class.
- Instructors will not stay after a scheduled lesson to make up time caused by tardiness.
- Late arrival by swim lesson participants will shorten the lesson by that amount of time with no refund or reimbursement.
- Instructors arriving later than 10 minutes for a scheduled appointment will result in a complimentary lesson to the swim lesson participant’s package. Contact Aquatics Management/Dedman Center Operations at 214-768-9916 or email@example.com
Please submit the associated and relevant form below. Once a suitable and appropriate swim instructor can be confirmed, an SMU Campus Recreation Aquatics program member will contact you.
*NOTE: DUE TO CURRENT SWIM INSTRUCTOR AVAILABILITY, LESSON REQUESTS MAY TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS OR MORE TO ACCOMMODATE.
- Swimmers must abide by Dedman Center Rules and Protocols to access the pool.
- Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper in the water
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 16. Children under 4’0” must have an adult in the water within arms-reach of them.
- No person may conduct any personal aquatic activity classes without written permission from the Director of Recreational Sports or the Assistant Director of Operations/Aquatics.
- Dunking or hanging on the basketball rim or volleyball nets is not allowed.
- Participants may not enter the pool until a lifeguard is present.
- Lifeguards will make final decisions concerning the safety of all participants in the pool area.
- No glass of any kind is permitted
- Running, rough play, intoxication, and profanity is prohibited
- Swimsuits are required. No cut-offs, gym shorts, or other attire is allowed. Changing clothes on deck is prohibited
- Choose an appropriate lane for the speed at which you will be swimming.
- Lane 1 is fastest and speed decreases to Lane 5, the slowest.
- Always swim on the right side of the lane, in a counter-clockwise fashion, unless all members of a lane decide to split the lane.
- When passing, notify swimmer with a tap on the foot and pass on their left.
- If you are continually passing or being passed, move into the next appropriate lane. Please observe proper lane speeds.
- Pool may be temporarily closed until appropriate staffing can be met.
- Lightening will result in temporary clearing or closure of the exterior pool for a duration minimum of 30 minutes after last indication.
- Chemical imbalance below or exceeding recommended levels.
- Pool conditions determined to by unhygienic or a safety concern.
- Power outage.
- University or Dedman Center Operations initiates Evacuation, Shelter in Place, or Lockdown protocols.
Please stop by the Dedman Center for more information or contact our Aquatics Staff at 214-768-9916 or firstname.lastname@example.org