Admission to SMU Cox is highly selective. Just as you invest in your future by attending the School, we invest in ours by admitting only the top applicants to become members of the SMU Cox community. We seek candidates who demonstrate the following qualities and characteristics:
- A strong potential for success in today's global business environment (based on demonstrated success from a results oriented resume)
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities
- Leadership experience
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- A personal commitment and motivation to the field of business
- Outstanding academic achievement and potential (we required a baccalaureate from an accredited college or university around the world)
Tips for Completing the Application Process
Read the following tips under each application element found on the left-side menu bar. The best MBA applicants pay careful attention to detail. Be sure to do simple things such as spell-checking your work, use proper case, filling out forms completely, and answering correctly. While some of these may sound like "no-brainers," it is easy to forget the little things in the rush of completing materials.
The application is completed online so take time to review your work. Once an application has been submitted, the only change allowed would be to update your professional resume. Submitted applications that do not follow these simple suggestions will receive little consideration.
For more tips on completing the application, please watch the Application FAQ webinar below.