About your ID Card
Need to get your SMU ID Card? You can upload your photo by logging in to your SMU ID Card Account with your SMU ID and password and follow the steps to upload your photo. There is no charge for your initial ID card.
Photos must meet the following requirements:
- Size: Roughly square, less than 6MP total (NOTE: Picture size square, 1024 x 1024 pixels minimum)
- Format: jpg or jpeg
- Taken within last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing you normally wear on a daily basis
- You will be notified if your photo does not meet the requirements listed above and asked to submit another photo. Cards for approved photos are printed when you come to our office. All notifications will come from ID Card Services to your @smu.edu email address.
- Your ID card will be printed when you come to pick it up in the Parking and ID Card Services office. Be sure to have identification.
ID Card Care
- Holes, stickers, tape and other alterations will render your card useless.
- Treat your ID just as you would your driver’s license or credit card.
- Punching holes or other alterations made will result in a 40.00 replacement fee.
Replacing an SMU ID Card
Students and Employees
- Lost or stolen ID cards visit SMU ID Card Account site located under the ID Card Services tab and click the Activate/Deactivate ID Card link.
- To replace your ID card please visit the Parking & ID Card Services Office located in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center. The card is printed when you arrive and takes about 5 minutes to print.
- You will be charged a $40 replacement card fee payable online at my.SMU.edu or at the Student Services counter at Enrollment Services located in the Laura Lee Blanton building.
Replacing an SMU ID card due to normal wear and tear
- Card wearing out, maybe not working like it used to? To replace your ID free of charge because of fair, wear and tear you must visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office with your current ID card in need of replacement.
- Cards that have had holes punched or other alterations that are not normal wear and tear are not covered and will cost 40.00 to replace.
- Your card will be printed when you come to the office
Service Providers and Contractors
Please visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office to replace your ID there is a 40.00 replacement fee payable with credit card or check at the time of replacement.