SMU began accepting self-reported standardized test scores in Fall 2018.
- Only ACT and SAT scores will be accepted as self-reported scores. This excludes the TOEFL and IELTS.
- SMU will accept test scores from high school transcripts, ones provided by the testing agency, or by an applicant’s high school counselor.
- The official test scores are required at the time of enrollment.
- At this time, SMU is not accepting self-reported transcripts/grades.
- Students can enter their test scores on The Common Application and on the MyCoalition Application on the testing page of the application. On the ApplyTexas application, students will not be prompted to enter test scores. Once the application is submitted, students will be able to self-report scores using the form on the personalized application status page.
- If you have submitted an application and would like to submit new self-reported test scores, please do so via your personalized application status page.
If you have questions about self-reported standardized test scores, please contact your admission counselor. Find and connect with yours at www.smu.edu/counselor.