The Meadows Scholars Program
The Meadows Scholars Program is an initiative at the Meadows School of the Arts to enable SMU and Dallas to compete nationally for the most talented and academically successful students in the arts and communications. Since the inception of the Meadows Scholars program in 2008, the number of qualified applicants has increased by over 400%, from 22 in 2008 to 126 in 2011. Increased support allows Meadows to award more scholarships to these impressive students— the difference is YOU! Any gift, at any level, makes an impact!
About Meadows Scholars
Meadows Scholars supporters may make a gift at any time during the year. Contributions to the Meadows Scholars Program are strengthening the arts and communications in Dallas in the following ways:
- Meadows Scholars are among the most highly sought after students in the nation and receive competitive offers from institutions such as Harvard, Northwestern and the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music.
- In its first four years, the Meadows Scholars Program has made it possible to recruit 60 of these exceptional students towards its initial goal of 80 students (20 per class) in the program, or 10 percent of the Meadows School undergraduate population. These students have an average SAT of 1418 and an average high school academic GPA of 3.80.
- The Meadows Scholars Program creates an additional draw through scholarships that reach the tipping point in a student’s college decision, provide unique opportunities for community engagement, student research and international travel, and allow for exclusive access to events in Dallas’ world-renowned arts district.
Support the Meadows Scholars Program
Supporters who pledge $7,500 a year for four years, or who provide a permanent endowment of $150,000 (which may also be pledged over a period of up to five years), will be able to name a Meadows Scholar and meet them in the fall of 2012.
Named Annual Meadows Scholar: $30,000
May be pledged over four years
Named Endowed Meadows Scholar: $150,000
May be pledged over five years
- SMU Unbridled campaign credit
- The opportunity to name, meet and/or mentor one of SMU’s outstanding Meadows Scholars!