Minor in Arts Entrepreneurship
You have the talent to be a successful artist, but do you have the skills to start your own arts-related venture? If you can see yourself launching a gallery, creating your own dance company, running a piano studio, or kicking off an online digital music or media arts company, the Arts Entrepreneurship minor may be right for you. Finding a job as an artist is increasingly difficult for new graduates - so the Arts Entrepreneurship program prepares you to be your own artist.
This six-course minor provides an overview of how to develop and launch a new arts venture, either for-profit or nonprofit. You'll learn how to create work consistently, build a business plan, and identify funding to get your venture off the ground. No prerequisites required.
|Requirements for the Minor
||18 Credit Hours
- AMAE 3301 Introduction to Arts Management
- AMAE 3305 Arts Budgeting and Financial Management
- AMAE 3387 Attracting Capital: Donors, Investors and Public Funds
- AMAE 4390 Developing an Arts Venture Plan: Legal, Strategic and Practical Issues
|Elective Course (one from the following):
- ADV 2374 Survey of Advertising
- ADV 3391 Creative Production
- ADV 4317 Consumer Behavior
- ADV 4318 Interactive Advertising
- ADV 4365 Social Media Marketing
- ADV 4382 Integrated Marketing Communication
- AMAE 3322 Marketing the Arts
- COMM 3355 Introduction to Public Relations
|Additional Elective Course (one from the following):
- AMAE 3370 Entrepreneurship and the Hero Adventure
- AMAE 4321 Law and the Arts
- AMAE 4375 Social Entrepreneurship
- AMAE 4377 Accelerating A Start-up
- ASAG 3350 Art Colloquium - New York
- COMM 3360 Business and Management Communication
- COMM 5302 Topics: Communication Consulting
- FILM 4316 Producers Seminar
- MNO 4371/CFB 3381 Leadership and Culture
- MNO 3375/CFB 3375 Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethical Leadership
|Total Credit Hours
The Minor in Arts Entrepreneurship is administered by the Division of Arts Management & Arts Entrepreneurship.
Classes are taught by faculty from the divisions of Art; Arts Management & Arts Entrepreneurship; Advertising; Communication Studies; and Film & Media Arts. 18 hours.