Spring 2023 Career Fair for Game Development
April 12-13, 2023 | Dallas, Texas
SMU Guildhall's annual Career Fair for Game Development connects aspiring game developers with the video game industry’s top game studios and tech companies. During the Fair, hiring employers speak with and interview game development job seekers in the graduating cohort, as well as alumni seeking new opportunities. A networking reception precedes the event, priming job candidates in the graduating cohort and company representatives for a productive following day.
Registration is NOW OPEN
Free to attend! RSVP by March 27, 2023 at the links below:
- Industry Registration — Critical notes for industry applicants: A web registration submission is not an automatic approval; all applicant companies will receive an email response indicating their admission or additional information needed. To be approved for industry participation, you must be seeking talent for a game development related use case, as this Career Fair is for the SMU Guildhall master's program for Game Development and is specifically for placing aspiring game developers. Companies in other fields should contact SMU Hegi Career Development Center to inquire about other SMU fairs; SMU Guildhall staff has no knowledge or involvement in those.
For questions or more information, contact: Lindsey McGonigle, SMU Guildhall Director of Career Services, at 214-768-5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mixer: April 12th, 6-8pm at Hotel Lumen
(Participating Companies & Cohort 31 only)
Career Fair: April 13th, 8:30am-5pm at Gerald J. Ford Hall, SMU Dallas campus
- Setup & Employer Continental Breakfast — 8:30am
- Career Fair opens — 9:30am
- Lunch break — 12:30-1:15pm
- Career Fair closes — 5pm
Map Link to Ford Hall
Participating Companies Will Receive:
- Pre-Fair Welcome Mixer: A private reception from 6-8pm the evening before the Fair, offering a laid-back atmosphere to meet your future developers.
- A 6x2.5 table and two chairs (additional tables and chairs provided according to each company's participant count)
- Free electricity and wireless internet
- Free lunch & refreshments
- Faculty and staff support
- Access to SMU Guildhall students and alumni, including:
- Candidates graduating in May 2023 (Cohort 31):
- 13 artists
- 27 level designers
- 12 programmers
- 2 producers
- Students graduating in May 2023 (Cohort 32)
- Job-seeking alumni interested in new opportunities
More Information for Participating Companies:
Once registered, you may opt to send your booth assets ahead of time to:
3100 McFarlin Blvd, Suite 306
Dallas, Texas 75205
Transportation and Parking
SMU is a pedestrian-friendly campus. Ford Hall is located nearby to several guest parking lots and garages, and is also walking distance from Hotel Lumen, where our Mixer will take place.
Driving your own car to Career Fair? Request a SMU parking pass during registration.
To amend your request at a later date, email email@example.com.
Need a car service from the airport? Hotel Lumen recommends Big Town Limo (214-725-2568).
Nearby Hotel Lumen has provided an event rate for Career Fair participants.
Reserve a room: Guildhall Career Fair
*Note: the site's automatic default is a two night stay but you can change to one night during booking.
The Lumen is located at: 6101 Hillcrest Ave, Dallas, TX 75205
Hotel Guest Parking: Valet only, $30/car