SMU Guildhall prides itself on connecting today’s top studios with tomorrow’s top talent by providing both students and alumni professional guidance through a myriad of services. We leverage our ever-evolving network of industry partnerships to enrich opportunities for our students and alumni through lectures, workshops, career connections, portfolio reviews, and more.
Professional Development Coursework
Students fulfill two modules as they explore the nuances of seeking and securing one’s dream position. This professional training-ground includes resume and portfolio guidance, interview preparation, and industry guest lectures.
Students and alumni have access to meet with Guildhall’s Career Counselor and explore questions about their job search. Advice is also offered on how to optimize valuable networking opportunities.
SMU Guildhall’s internal recruiting platform, Handshake, empowers connections with the most innovative companies in the field. Students and alumni can discover tailored job and internship opportunities, connect with leaders in the industry and register for on-campus recruiting events. Furthermore, students have the ability to:
· Research employers that recruit directly at SMU Guildhall
· Sign up for on-campus interview schedules
· Pursue mentorships with alumni and industry leaders
· Schedule appointments with in-house Career Counselor
· Download valuable resources specific to a career in gaming
Handshake login & setup instructions:
· Current Students - Visit Handshake, then select 'Southern Methodist University Sign On' to login with your Single Sign On credentials and start setting up your profile.
· Alumni - Visit Handshake. If you graduated in 2013 or later, first try selecting 'Southern Methodist University Sign On' to login with your Single Sign On credentials. Otherwise, login with the email address that received a Handshake invitation. If you did not receive an invitation, contact us to ensure we have your most up-to-date contact information.
· Employers - Get set up here
Guildhall’s Career Fair connects students and alumni with the industry’s top studios. Learn more about the Career Fair
Our alumni have captured leadership positions as artists, designers, producers and programmers at more than 250 studios around the world. This network continues to enrich the experience of both current students and alumni, as the Guildhall community aims to encourage, mentor and push one another to new heights in game development. Alumni often revisit campus to share their experiences and knowledge with students, helping to empower our rising graduates to achieve success.
Game titles SMU Guildhall alumni have worked onBios of successful SMU Guildhall alumniAlumni testimonialsIndustry Partners