Welcome to SMU! The Parking and ID Card Services Office offers solutions and directions to those who need to move around the campus. Reshaping public perception. Discovering a new way of doing business. Our mission is to provide SMU identification cards and a comprehensive array of parking services for the campus community, as well as visitors.
Need to activate your new ID card?
Log in with your SMU ID number and password at http://idcard.smu.edu. SMU employees and students who need a new or replacement SMU ID card visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office during business hours at your convenience.
Holiday Hours and Winter Break
The SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office wishes you a Happy and Blessed Holiday Season and wonderful Winter Break.
Our Offices will close at 11:00 A.M. on December 21st and remain for Winter Break until January 2nd.
Need a parking permit?
A parking permit is required to park on campus year round. Below is information on how to get the right permit for your needs.
- Students registered for Fall Semester classes that do not already have a academic year permit for 2018-19 may order a permit valid through August 1st 2019. online (just log on to your My Parking Account using your SMU ID and Password) Payment is made after the permit is ordered on my.SMU.edu, not on the parking website.
- Students registered for Spring 2019 classes without a full academic year permit may order the Spring permit valid from January 1st to August 1, 2019
- Employees may obtain permits in our office or online by logging on to their My Parking Account. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.
- Visitors can purchase permits in our office, online as a guest or use any self-pay & park location referenced on the visitor parking map (see lower right).
Parking enforcement schedule is in effect
- Normal enforcement December 1-21, 2018 and January 2-31, 2019
- Parking enforced Monday to Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Permits are required to park your car on campus at all times all year round.
- Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in the area corresponding to their permit: Resident "yellow" or AUP "red" on the campus parking map.
- Lettered employee lots remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is required.
- Employees may park in AUP or as indicated on the campus parking map for the type of permit.
- For a full listing of enforcement hours and parking regulations, please visit the Student Handbook's vehicle regulations section.
Toys for Tickets
The Parking and ID Card Services Office would like to thank the SMU Staff Association and all participants in the 2018 Toys for Tickets Program for another hugely successful year. The number of toys collected and citations satisfied is outstanding! We thank you.
Game day parking
Learn more about campus parking options on SMU's game days.
Car sharing: Zipcar at SMU
No car on campus? No problem! For more information or to sign up for Zipcar, download the app from AppStore or Googleplay at zipcar.com/mobile or http://www.zipcar.com/smu/.
Parkmobile metered parking
Parkmobile, LLC, the leading provider of on-demand and prepaid mobile payments for on- and off-street parking announced today its partnership with Southern Methodist University to provide mobile payments for metered parking to the campus. Visitors will be able to use the app on-street throughout the campus metered parking spaces using Parkmobile’s app for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones or by calling the toll-free number on the green meter stickers and signs. Parkmobile’s mobile payments system is very simple and easy to use. Customers first must register by either downloading the mobile app in their phone’s app store, online at www.parkmobile.com, or calling the toll-free number on Parkmobile signage. Once registered, they may immediately begin using the system. Learn more.
Student DART Transit Pass
DART Transit GoPass, riders are able to commute to campus by bus and rail with public transportation that is reliable, economical and hassle free! You must be currently registered for Spring 2019 semester's classes, have a photo ID and your US cellphone registered on your my.SMU.edu account to be eligible to download a 2019 student DART GoPass transit pass.
Your new 2019 DART Transit GoPass will be delivered right to your cell phone. Check out what the GoPass App looks like at http://www.gopass.biz/. Just download DART's free GoPass Mobile Ticketing Application at the App Store on your cell phone and then register your device by clicking on "My Tickets" in the GoPass App. Once you’ve successfully downloaded GoPass, click here more information.
Please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-7275 for additional information or further assistance.
Please note: The SMU Express and Museum Express shuttles remain free to all riders and do not require a DART Transit Pass to ride.
SMU Express Rider Alert
New Track the SMU Express or Museum Shuttle Here or go to http://smu.doublemap.com/map/ Powered by DoubleMap shuttle tracking system
- The "Out of Session" Scheduled will will be in effect on December 12-14, 17-21, 26-27, 2018 and January 2-4,7-11, 14-17, 2019
- No Service on December 16, 22 -25, 29, 30, 2018 and January 1,5,6, 12,13,20,21,27, as well as February 3, 2019
Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at email@example.com or 214-768-7275 for additional information or assistance. If you are a student or employee please include your SMU ID number.
Our business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., including the lunch hour.
The last ID is printed at 4:45 p. m. weekdays
Hughes-Trigg Student Center
3140 Dyer Street, Suite 216
Dallas, TX 75275
PO Box 750412
Dallas, TX 75275