Construction Vehicle Parking
For your convenience, construction parking permits are now available exclusively for order online.
- New! A contact free option to obtain permits and self manage needs online is now available.
- Each construction company must email us at email@example.com to request a parking account. Once a parking account has been created for the company, the Parking and ID Card Services Office will be happy to provide the designated company contact with instructions for logging in and ordering construction parking permits for their workers online.
- Please note that construction parking permits are now “virtual permits” specific to each vehicle. The vehicle license plate number registered will be how SMU Parking and ID Services validates the permit using License Plate Recognition technology. The license plate must be visible to the drive lane for us to scan the plate.
- No physical parking permits will be issued at this time. It is crucial that the license plate and vehicle information be entered accurately and without error to avoid any citations.
- Construction permits can be ordered for one, two, three or six months at no-charge. To order construction permits and register vehicles using your Parking Portal account visit https://smu.edu/parkingservices
- Construction vehicles with permits are valid for parking on levels 5 and 6 of the Mustang Parking Center or the W lots on east campus only. Clearance for Mustang Parking Center is 7ft.
- All vehicles must be registered to a permit at all times while on campus.
- Construction vehicles on campus without a current construction vehicle permit are subject to citation. Citation payment and appeal info https://smu.edu/parkingservices.
Please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-7275 for additional details in regards to virtual construction parking permits being offered online.