DART Transit Pass Information
With a DART GoPass transit pass, riders are able to commute to campus by bus and rail with public transportation that is reliable and economical. Use your DART transit pass for your daily commute and forget the traffic hassles and the fuel and parking costs! Also, use your DART transit pass to get to your favorite shopping, entertainment, and travel destinations that are easily accessible by public transportation such as NorthPark Mall, Downtown Dallas, Love Field, DFW Airport, the American Airlines Center, the Dallas Arts District, the Dallas World Aquarium, the Dallas Zoo, and many more fun and exciting locations.
SMU participates in a DART Higher Education Pass Program and all currently enrolled students are eligible to receive an annual DART transit pass through the Parking and ID Card Services Office.
Current full-time benefits eligible SMU employees can request their annual GoPass Phone App.
For more information on the SMU DART transit pass program click here
DART Vanpool and Carpool/RideMatch Program Information
Six to 15 of people can share the ride to work or school for $335** a month for the group. DART Vanpool vans may receive a permit to park on campus without charge. For more information on the program managed by DART click here.
Once a van pool or ride match is set up by DART, contact the Parking and ID Office with Van Pool or Ride Share assignment details to arrange for the permit at no additional charge - email@example.com
* PLEASE NOTE: $335 for 15-passenger vans, $315 for eight-passenger vans
Price does not include the cost of gasoline. Vanpool participants are
responsible for all fuel charges. Due to the high demand for vehicles
and budgetary limits, vehicles will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
Biketrans commuting combines the cost-effectiveness of public transit with the health benefits of cycling. It's an earth-friendly alternative to commuting in a single-occupancy vehicle. Let's examine how biketrans positively impacts you and the environment. Click Here
BUS ROUTE 521
- Two buses on route until 9am daily. After 9am one bus runs every hour on the 45 minute of the hour.
- On Saturday there is only southbound service route to City Place.
- Visit 521 Information Page for maps and details.
Zipcar at SMU - Car sharing
Skip the hassle of bringing a car to campus with ZipCar. It's a car sharing service that lets you reserve car by the hour or the day. And you never have to worry about car payments, maintenance, gas or insurance again.
- Reduces demand for on-campus parking; alleviates congestion
- A sustainable alternative transportation solution that reduces your carbon footprint
- Turnkey program includes everything you need, even gas and insurance
- Flexible programs for faculty and staff
- Simple online application and approval process
Zipcar for students
- Self-service access to cars 24/7
- Low hourly and daily rates include gas and insurance
- Reserve online or using your mobile device – in seconds
- Cars located right on campus
- Good for the environment
For more information, click here
Driver Assistance Program
Call 214.768.3388, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The following services are available to students, faculty/staff and guests at no charge*:
- Locked Out Service: SMU Police Officers will attempt to assist you if you’ve locked your keys in your car.
- Stranded Vehicles: We will help you contact the provider of your choosing to obtain the roadside assistance or tow service you might need. We’ll also escort you to a secure place while you wait for assistance.
When calling for service(s)*, please provide the following information:
- Your name and license plate number.
- Make, model, and color of vehicle.
- Location of vehicle and service required.
While you wait, raise the hood, if possible, and stay inside your locked vehicle until assistance arrives.
Responder will be in a Parking Services golf cart or a SMU police cruiser. You will need to sign a release of liability form and show your driver’s license.
* Driver Assistance Program (DAP) services are available on main and east campuses only. No service to residential or commercial areas.
- Save on any toll road in Texas and TEXPress lanes and on tool roads in Oklahoma.
- Earn prizes and surprises through TollPerks, the rewards program for TollTag customers
- Convenient electronic payment for parking and pass-through DFW International Airport and Dallas Love Field
- Automatic, hassle free billing
- Tollmate - a Free app to manage and easily update your account
- No Additional charge for up to three Toll tags per account
First time Toll Tag users may obtain a SMU Toll Tag or a standard NTTA Toll Tag by visiting our office. For details on the program please visit our office. If you are an existing Toll Tag user but would like to obtain an SMU toll Tag please visit the NTTA Toll Tag Store or call 972-818-6882 to request an exchange for a SMU toll tag. Please have your vehicle info and credit card info ready.
SMU Permit holders can register their TollTag to use for easy parking access to parking location authorized for their permit.
North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has a comprehensive list of bike and pedestrian trails in Dallas.