Students, faculty, or staff who receive six or more citations in the same academic year are designated "Habitual Violators" and are subject to the following:
- Vehicle immobilization each additional time they violate parking policy.
- An additional fee of $105.00 is required to remove the immobilization boot. Payment must be made in full. Contact Paylock Help Center at smu.mybootinfo.com or 1.877.207.2134 to pay the fee and have the boot released. Agents are available 24/7.
- A $25.00/day impound fee is applied for each day the vehicle remains immobilized.
Habitual Violators remain on the University's Habitual Violator List for the current full academic year having their record reset at the beginning of the new academic year.
Drivers in excess of 10 citations are designated "Chronic Violators" and are subject to further penalty.
- Chronic Violators remain on the University's Habitual Violator List for the current full academic year having their record reset at the beginning of the new academic year.
- Those who consistently continue to violate the policy will have their parking privileges removed.
Any vehicle receiving 11 or more citations will be towed and impounded by Walnut Hill Wrecking. Vehicles can be claimed at 11239 Goodnight Lane, Dallas, TX. You can reach Walnut Hill Wrecking 24/7 at (972) 620-2160.