Renowned Business Faculty
During the past 10 years, SMU Cox has attracted a unique group of professors distinguished by their innovative research, passion for teaching, and corporate consulting experience. Including graduates of Wharton, Stanford, University of Chicago, Harvard Business School, and other top-ranked institutions, the Cox faculty today is one of the very best in the world.
The Cox School has attracted a unique group of professors distinguished by their innovative research, passion for teaching and corporate consulting experience. The Cox faculty is ranked among the top 30 business schools in the world for research productivity in economics, finance, information systems, marketing and strategy, according to a recent study by Academic Assessment Services (AAS). Only seven other U.S. business schools rank in the top 30 in all five categories. In addition to strong research, our faculty has consulted or worked for such companies as Lockheed Martin, Dow Corning, Xerox, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Texas Instruments, General Motors, EDS, Wal-Mart and Brinker International.
MS Career Advisory Board Program
This rewarding 9-month program connects alumni/friends of SMU with SMU Cox MS student(s) and is designed to empower professionals and students alike by establishing and cultivating long-term professional relationships. Masters students from all our one-year master's programs (MSA, MSF, MSM, and MSBA) are eligible to join the MS Career Advisory Board and Advisors will be matched with an Advisee(s) in early August.
Cox Alumni Network
Since the school's founding in 1920, Cox has forged strong relationships with many of the leading companies and most influential business leaders in the DFW metroplex. As DFW has grown into one of the world's largest and most economically diverse regions, the school has strengthened its local relationships while expanding its perspective on business. The school today is a globally recognized business institution that connects its students with the world of business through a variety of resources and programs.
The SMU Cox MSM program opens the door to an exclusive network of business leaders that yields priceless benefits.
- Consisting of more than 34,000 alumni around the world, the Cox Alumni Association network is one of the school's most valuable assets, which you can tap into to develop and sustain lifelong friendships and professional relationships.
- The Economist magazine ranked Cox #1 in the U.S. and #7 in the world for "potential to network." Cox was one of only two U.S. business schools ranked among the top 10 programs in the category. This ranking was based on three indicators: breadth of alumni network, internationalism of alumni and alumni effectiveness.
- Through the Bank of Texas Business Leaders Spotlight Series and the Ernst & Young Management Briefing Series, you have the opportunity to attend presentations by some of the most accomplished political, economic, and business leaders in the world.
The Cox career management center will provide assistance and guidance as students navigate the opportunities in the field of business. Students will have the opportunity to be connected with the over 34,000 Cox alumni who are disbursed in the leading financial and professional firms in the world. The Cox Alumni Association network is one of the school's most valuable assets, which you can tap into to develop and sustain lifelong friendships and professional relationships. The Economist magazine recently ranked Cox #10 in the world for breadth of alumni network.
Business Leadership Center
Employers say that when all other qualities and skills are equal, strong leadership and communications skills are what set certain candidates apart from their competition. In the Cox MSM program, you have access to specialized training in these areas through the Business Leadership Center (BLC). Established in 1992, the BLC today offers more than 60 seminars taught by business practitioners from Fortune 500 companies, medium-size businesses and entrepreneurial ventures. In addition to presenting traditional seminars on topics such as project management, leading in crisis and change, and strategic communications, the BLC offers individualized training in several areas, including advanced presentation techniques and advanced business writing.
Master of Science in Management Orientation
A two-day orientation program will be held before the beginning of the fall semester. The sessions will initiate you to a wide variety of activities and individuals to help you along the way to complete your MSM. The orientation will offer beneficial activities from case-study sessions and business leadership mini-classes to student panels. In addition, you will:
- Get a real taste of graduate business school;
- Start acquiring advanced management knowledge and skills;
- Learn about resources that will enable you to be successful throughout your studies;
- Meet and start to work with your assigned study group; and
- Share expectations of the Master of Science in Management program with your spouse or significant other.