The Lyle School of Engineering’s Senior Design Expo will be held virtually on Sunday, May 9, 2021. The Senior Design Expo is a chance for students in senior design classes to present their client based projects, research and work to the SMU community.
For this year’s expo, we will have a virtual poster session paired with recorded student presentations that will be available for viewing starting May 5th and run through the summer. Posters and presentation will be accessible at this online location.
Student Submissions Requirements
For students who are currently in Lyle Senior design classes, please submit the following to email@example.com.
- Your team name and the names of all of your teammates
- Class number, section, and Professor’s name
- Title of project, and client if applicable
- A digital copy of your team’s poster in PowerPoint (.pptx) form. This should be in standard 16:9 format. Typically, for a poster you would only utilize one slide, but for the purposes of readability you may have up to 3 slides total. Please do not have a dedicated title slide.
- The link to your team’s recorded presentation posted to YouTube. Presentations should be approximately 3 minutes in length. You may record your presentation in the format you desire and then upload to YouTube. Although for ease, we suggest that you record the presentation using Zoom, with one teammate sharing their screen. This way, you can show the slides in full screen presentation mode with a box in the far right displaying the currently speaking team member.
Deadline: April 30, 2021 at midnight
Completed submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30, 2021 at midnight.
Overall Category - Amazon gift cards will be awarded to the top three posters that scored the best overall.
1st Place: $35 for each team member
2nd Place: $25 for each team member
3rd Place: $15 for each team member
Additional prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the individual engineering departments.
If you have questions about Lyle Senior Design Expo 2021, please email email@example.com.