Come Join a Great Team
The SMU Telepony student calling program is looking for enthusiastic and motivated student callers to contact alumni and parents to say thank you for their gifts to SMU, get them engaged and involved with SMU events or volunteer opportunities and make a significant impact across campus by helping raise funds for scholarships, research and other important University initiatives.
Your primary focus is to help steward and engage donors. For solicitation purposes, you would be asking donors to renew their membership in our giving societies with a gift to SMU. Therefore, these individuals have already made gifts in the past and are more inclined to in the future.
- Be currently enrolled at SMU as either an undergraduate or a graduate student
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Always professional when speaking to our constituents
- Knowledgeable about SMU
- Call alumni, parents and friends of SMU
- Establish engaging lines of communication.
- Update contact information
- Provide up-to-date information about SMU events and news
- Give alumni and parents opportunities to make gifts of support
- Commit to a minimum of three shifts per week or ten hours per week