In general, SMU expects students to behave in a considerate and responsible manner that respects the rights of the University and of any other person who may be affected by their actions.
Below are the primary, but not all, policies and rules related to living on campus.
Due to restrictions related to Covid-19, the following policies are in place until further notice. These policies supersede all related policies in the Student Code of Conduct and RLSH Community Standards.
Guests - Residents are responsible for the actions of their guests and must escort their guests at all times.
All residents and guests must abide by the Pledge to Protect in the building, including student rooms. This includes:
- Masks must be worn at all times by the guest and the host.
- Room capacities must be followed.
- Social Distancing must be maintained.
Additionally, students must adhere to the following for guests in their room.
- All roommates (and suitemates where appropriate) must consent before having a guest.
- No more than three people in a student room at any given time.
- Apartment spaces must adhere to all social distancing guidelines. If you have questions about what this means for you and your unique space, contact your RCD to get apartment specific guidance.
Face Coverings - All members of the community are required to wear face coverings when not in their room. In community restrooms, students should wear a face covering when possible.