The SMU Student Handbook* is maintained and updated by the Office of the Dean of Students, located in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center. The Handbook for 2020-21 is currently being updated and a PDF version will be made available on this page once the update is complete.
Click on the Handbook Archive link to the right to view prior year versions of this document.
The Handbook PDF contains the following important and helpful information:
- SMU Code of Conduct & Conduct Review Process
- SMU Honor Code
- Student Appeals & Complaints
- University Libraries
- Student Affairs Division Offices
- Schools of the University
- University Services
- Campus Map & Legend
- Vehicle Regulations
- Federal Law & Confidentiality
- Law Enforcement & Security
- SMU Statement of Nondiscrimination
- Sexual Misconduct Policies, Prevention & Resources
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention
NOTE: All students living in on-campus housing are also expected to abide by the Community Standards for Residents as set by the Residence Life & Student Housing office.
Last revision - 14 Aug 2020