Summer 2022 APSI®
The Summer 2022 *Advanced Placement Program® SMU will be held virtually. The list of available courses can be found here. Please note that some classes are 4 days and some are 5 days. You may contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
APSI® at SMU
Southern Methodist University, in cooperation with The College Board, is pleased to offer an *Advanced Placement Program® Summer Institute in 2022. New and experienced *AP® teachers spend four days exploring the latest methods and curriculum topics in Advanced Placement Program® education. Participants conclude their Institute experience at SMU renewed in their enthusiasm for the AP Program® and equipped with new ideas and resource materials to use in their classrooms.
While professional development is not required to prepare for 2022-23 AP® course updates and new classroom resources, the College Board encourages AP® teachers to take advantage of the professional development offered by the AP®. Based on survey data, teachers across the country have found AP® professional development to be extremely valuable.
Teachers who do attend an AP® Summer Institute in 2022 should be able to:
- Understand the Course
- The course framework defines the scope of the course and specifies what students must know and do to be successful on the AP® Exam.
- Plan the Course
- Sequencing, pacing, and scaffolding are essential for building students’ understanding and their ability to transfer and apply knowledge and skills.
- Teach the Course
- Effective instructional strategies help students to develop a mastery of course content and skills over time.
- Assess Student Progress and Understanding
- Learning requires time, practice, and regular feedback.
The Instruction You Need
All of SMU's AP® Summer Institute workshops are taught by College Board endorsed master teachers. The caliber of our faculty is second to none. We offer you hands-on instruction from lead consultants with accolades like these:
- Siemens Award for Advanced Placement®
- Who's Who in the World; Who's Who Among American Teachers
- Ross Perot Excellence in Teaching Award
- Goethe Institute Trans-Atlantic Outreach Program selection
- College Board's Advanced Placement® Special Recognition Award
- Distinguished Teaching Achievement Award from the National Council of Geographic Education
- World Affairs Council Houston's International Educator of the Year
- Authors, grant recipients, table leaders, test development committee members, international presenters and educators with hundreds of years of combined experience in front of classes like yours.
Many courses are supplemented by special lectures delivered by guest speakers from the SMU faculty and public and private secondary institutions.
The Location You Want
Week 3A and 4A classes are held at the SMU campus in Dallas. Weeks 1, 2, 3, 4 will be conducted remotely.
* Advanced Placement Program® and AP® are registered trademarks of the College Board and have been used with permission. Pre-AP® is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the development and delivery of this professional development. This workshop is not associated with official Pre-AP® program and courses.