To submit a work order, hot/cold request, or an event request, click here.
Safety Information and Campus Police
Faculty and staff can access information regarding building safety policies and procedures here.
Equipment is available to check out on a temporary basis. Requests can be filled out online.
Certain spaces in both Annette Caldwell Simmons Hall and Harold Clark Simmons Hall are available to reserve for meetings and events.
To request meeting/event space in Annette Caldwell Simmons Hall (ACSH) or Harold Clark Simmons Hall (HCSH), please provide the following information to Lauren Gilmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Time and date of event (& include sufficient pre-event and post-event time for your set-up and tear down)
- Number of expected attendees
- AV requirements (computer, projection screen, DVD player, etc.)?
- A credit card number (external groups) or ORG number (SMU groups)
- External groups must have an SMU Sponsor to host an event in the Simmons School
Room Reservation Contracts
There are three different contracts for different groups. They can be downloaded below.
- SMU Group Contract
- External Group with SMU Sponsor Contract
- Student Group Contract(*please note that students are only able to reserve classrooms in HCSH)
Departments are expected to observe SMU’s standard class-schedule blocks (see attached) in scheduling classes. MWF classes start on the hour with the 1st class of the day beginning at 8 a.m. T/TH classes start every hour and a half with the 1st class of the day beginning at 8 a.m. Unless you plan to use all of multiple block times to deliver your class/event, please do not schedule at irregular times such that you render use of a preceding or following class block impossible; for example, don’t schedule a MWF class from 8:30 – 9:30. Since it is sometimes difficult to schedule classes in Annette Hall and Harold Hall during SMU’s peak classroom hours (10 a.m. - 2 p.m.), the departments are encouraged to distribute their classes evenly throughout the day.
If you need to reserve a room for an event and neither Annette nor Harold can accommodate your event, other venues are available on campus, including Hughes-Trigg, which offers event rooms at no-cost to most SMU programs (refer to schedule.smu.edu). Please consult Lauren Gilmore for recommendations. If you plan to offer an event that requires staging before the event and tear-down after, be sure to reserve sufficient time for all 3 activities. The room/space will only be available to you during the period of time you reserve it.
Reserving rooms can unfortunately be competitive. Given this, rooms are assigned in observation of the following priorities.
- 1st rights: Credit classes: Simmons School. Note: If Annette 218 is requested for any credit-bearing course on campus (Simmons or otherwise), evidence of a plan to use the room’s unique technology in course delivery will elevate the request above those that do not utilize the technology. See below.
- 2nd: Credit classes: other SMU schools
- 3rd: Non-credit classes: Simmons School
- 4th: Events: Simmons
- 5th: Events: SMU Administration (Provost and above)
- 6th: Events: SMU
- 7th: Non-credit classes: SMU non-Simmons, including CAPE & Cox
- 8th: External Events with Simmons partners
- 9th: External Events with non-partners
Once classes are scheduled in Simmons buildings, they are only moved in order to accommodate Simmons-wide events and those of the Provost and President—not otherwise. Classes that have been moved under these circumstances will receive priority reassignment, although they may have to be assigned to other campus buildings.
Reserving Annette Caldwell Simmons Room 218
Annette Caldwell Simmons Hall Room 218 has state-of-the-art technology ideal for innovative teaching in a dynamic, hands-on learning environment. The Simmons School takes requests from the SMU community to use this room for credit-bearing and other courses to support the learning of all SMU students. To submit a request, please submit the attached form to Lauren Gilmore at email@example.com. Requests are due during the scheduling period designated by the Registrar's Office and consideration will be given on the basis of availability and how the technology will improve the class. The request form can be downloaded here.
If you need website-design or SiteCore assistance, please send your request by email to George Hickey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Explain your objective, identify all of the pages that will be affected, and provide the new content (text & photos) if possible.
- Slate CRM documentation and knowledge base
- A list of all known aliases (also known as vanity or short URLs) that are currently in use. Other advertising options should be sent to Becky Hood.
- An Image Library, containing graphics, photos, and images, is free to download and use.
Departmental Email Addresses
Simmons Image Library
An Image Library, containing graphics, photos, and images, is free to download and use.
Custom graphics for Simmons-related events, meetings, social media etc. can be requested by contacting Yolette Garcia.
Annette Caldwell Simmons Hall (ACSH) and Harold Clark Simmons Hall (HCSH)
Digital Signage in ACSH and HCSH Halls
The flat-screen panels found in the hallways on all floors in the two Simmons buildings are reserved for Simmons programs and SMU organizations. If interested in adding advertising, events, or announcements to the rotation, please put in a request.