Simmons academic advisors assist students with course selections, petitions, appropriate Education Abroad experiences, and additional majors and/or minors. Advisors also identify students who are struggling academically and assist them with appropriate resources.
The advising staff helps students examine and set goals in order to have a successful undergraduate experience.
Following are important reminders about advising and records:
- Meet with your assigned advisor at least once each semester prior to enrollment for the next term to plan courses for the upcoming semester.
- Enroll in the courses discussed with your advisor.
- Make schedule changes by the add/drop deadline (see academic calendar).
- Drop courses or withdraw for a semester by the deadline/s published on the academic calendar if necessary.
- You are responsible for your enrollment.
Check your DPR at least once a semester to insure the following are correct:
- Major and sub-plan, if applicable,
- Additional majors and minors,
- UC requirements,
- All credit (test, transfer and SMU credit), and
- Graduation term.
All Simmons APSM undergrads are advised by faculty advisors in Annette Hall.
Sport Management (Please check your Student page in my.smu.edu for your assigned advisor):
- Peter Carton – email@example.com
Applied Physiology & Health Management:
- Dr. Megan Murphy – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport Performance Leadership:
- Laura Robinson-Doyle – email@example.com
Teaching and Learning undergrads are advised by the Education Academic Advisor, Harold Hall, Suite 301:
- Samia Siddiqui – Book Appointment
Simmons Records office is responsible for the verification and processing of:
- Major/minor declarations
- Graduation certification
All Simmons undergrads must schedule an appointment prior to their final semester for graduation certification:
- Marilyn Swanson – Book Appointment
Academic and enrollment forms are accessible on the Registrar’s forms library.
University Curriculum forms and petitions are accessible through the Provost webpage.
For questions, contact the Simmons Records office at 214-768-1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.