- Ph.D. in Operations Research from the Ohio State University
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the Ohio State University
- B.E in Electronics and Communication from Visvesvaraya Technological University
Harsha Gangammanavar is an Associate Professor in Operations Research and Engineering Management and an affiliated Data Science Institute faculty member at Southern Methodist University. His research focuses on optimization under uncertainty, including developing models for large-scale infrastructure systems, designing algorithms for stochastic programming and distributionally robust optimization that combine decomposition and sampling, and developing scalable and general-purpose optimization solvers. Grants from the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Office of Naval Research, and the Office of Science at the Department of Energy support his research. He received his Ph.D. in Operations Research and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the Ohio State University and a B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, India.
Honors & Awards
- Student award: INFORMS Undergraduate Student Paper (2021)
- Student award: INFORMS Minority Affairs Poster competition (2016)