- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
- M.S., University of California, Berkeley
- B.S. in Applied Mathematics at Brown University
Eli V. Olinick is an Associate Professor in the Department of Operations Research and Engineering Management at SMU’s Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering. He completed his B.S. in Applied Mathematics at Brown University and earned his M.S. and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research at the University of California at Berkeley.
Professor Olinick’s research interests include applied optimization and network design problems. His research activities have been funded by multiple government and industry grants totaling over $2M, and he has published 28 refereed research articles in prominent journals in operations research and network engineering. He is a past president of the INFORMS Technical Section on Telecommunications, the Dallas/Fort Worth INFORMS chapter, an Associate Editor of International Transactions in Operational Research and Networks, and a co-founder of the RIOT Sports website.
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Fellow of the Dedman College Interdisciplinary Institute for academic year
- 2004 Emerald Management Review's Citation of Excellence, recognizing “Hierarchical Cellular Network Design with Channel Allocation," as one of the top 50 management articles of 2004
- 2003 SMU Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Award in Engineering Management, Information, and Systems