- PhD in Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization at Georgia Institute of Technology
Dr. Digvijay Boob received his PhD in Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization from Georgia Institute of Technology in 2020. He is serving as an assistant professor in Operations Research and Engineering Management department at Southern Methodist University since October 2020. He is interested in the design and analysis of optimization algorithms for convex as well as nonconvex optimization problems. He aims to develop novel algorithms which have provably faster convergence guarantees for large scale problems. Of particular interest are first-order algorithms, e.g., stochastic gradient descent, which have wide applications in various areas such as minimax games, differential privacy, stochastic optimization, and nonlinear programming. His research is supported by NSF grant.
Honors & Awards
- INFORMS Junior Faculty Interest Group paper competition, Finalist, 2021
- INFORMS Optimization Society student paper competition, Second place, 2020
- Alice and John Jarvis Student Research Award, Georgia Tech, Honorable mention, 2020
- NeurIPS Oral presentation, 2019