- Ph.D, Computer Science, University of Delaware
- M.S., Software Engineering, Thapar University, India
- B.S., Computer Engineering, Punjabi University, India
Dr. Gupta is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science in the Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering, SMU Lyle. Dr. Gupta has developed a number of prediction models that use medical data (Electronic Health Record data) to predict future risk of developing diseases such as obesity and heart failure.
Dr. Gupta’s main research interests are in deep learning and prediction modeling, for applications in healthcare. During her graduate studies, she collaborated with local hospitals and other non-profit organizations (Delaware Data Innovation Lab). Dr. Gupta’s dissertation, entitled “Deep Learning Predictive Modelling for Electronic Health Record” has garnered a significant impact on childhood obesity prediction and provides the basis to develop clinical decision support for obesity prediction in pediatric primary settings.
Honors and Awards
- Frank A. Pehrson Graduate Student Award for Outstanding Computer Science Research
- Dissertation Fellowship
- Data Science Fellowship
- Distinguished Graduate Student Award