Top 10 (+3) Reasons to Attend SMU Law
- #38 Class of 2018 Employment Rate at Graduation - U.S. News Best Law Schools, 2020 Edition
- #32 "Go-To Law Schools" Highest percentage of 2018 graduates in associate jobs at the nation's 100 largest law firms - National Law Journal/Law.com, March 2019
- #27 "Go-To Law Schools" Most alumni promoted to partner during 2018 - National Law Journal/Law.com, March 2019
- #34 "Top 50 Law Schools" Based on real law jobs, quality full-time positions, costs and debt, and alumni satisfaction - Above the Law, May 2018
Mustang Exchange mentoring program, with 245 mentors, connects students with extensive, engaged alumni network.
Innovative experiential learning programs, including ten clinics, and the Corporate Counsel Externship, Federal Judicial Externship, and Government and Public Interest Externship Programs.
The moot court program is nationally ranked.
- Located on a beautiful campus in vibrant, exciting Dallas, the 9th largest city in the U.S.
- A top-tier law school with a national and international reputation for training prominent lawyers in both law and business.
- Comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to the first year of law school
- A student body that is involved with the community through public service.
- Close-knit law school community with small classes.
- Accessible professors who are both prominent scholars and dedicated teachers
Mustang Bar Law Alumni Association Top 10 List of things to do
- Check out the latest exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art or experience one of Broadway’s biggest hits at the Wylie Theater, both part of the Dallas Arts District, the Nation’s largest contiguous urban arts district.
- Experience a Cowboys game or concert at AT&T Stadium (a.k.a. “Jerry World”), home of the world’s largest jumbotron
- Sample from the numerous food trucks at Klyde Warren Park, Dallas’s suspended urban green space on the edge of Downtown Dallas over the recessed Woodall Rodgers Freeway
- Picnic at the Dallas Arboretum’s Cool Thursdays Concert Series overlooking White Rock Lake, featuring lively cover bands and original composers
- Sit on the patio in Trinity Groves, Dallas’s hub for all innovative and entrepreneurial restaurants and pop-up concepts, just beyond the award-winning Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge in West Dallas
- Paddle boat or canoe on spectacular White Rock Lake, the “crown jewel” of the Dallas park systems
- Stroll around the Bishop Arts District, which boasts over 60 independent boutiques, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and art galleries
- Take a brewery tour at Deep Ellum Brewing Company, home to some of Dallas’s beset craft beers
- Catch a Texas Rangers game at the Ballpark and watch the two-time American League champions beat their MLB opponents
- Jog, walk, skate, or bike the Katy Trail, the path that runs through Uptown and Oaklawn and follows the old Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (“MKT” or “Katy” Trail)
Top 10 Restaurant Recommendations From our students & alumni
|1. Cane Rosso||1. Mi Cocina|
|2. Manny's Uptown||2. Cane Rosso|
|3. The Porch||3. St. Anne's|
|4. Chuy's||4. Twisted Root|
|5. Katy Trail Icehouse||5. Pecan Lodge|
|6. Bandito's||6. Fernando's|
|7. Oddfellow's||7. Meddlesome Moth|
|8. Tillman's Roadhouse||8. Little Katana|
|9. Lockhart BBQ||9. The Blind Butcher|
|10. Shinsei||10. Casa Rubia|