Adding Your SMU Certificate Credential to LinkedIn
Congratulations on earning a certificate from SMU Continuing and Professional Education! SMU CAPE partners with Credly to provide you with a digital version of your certificate that you can use to showcase what you’ve accomplished.
To share your badge directly to LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook:
- Log into your account on credly.com
- Select the badge you'd like to share
- At the top of the page, select the green Share button
- You will be brought to the Share Badge screen where you can find different tabs directing you to connect your social media accounts and share your badge
Want to add your badge to your LinkedIn profile? Here's how to add your digital badge to your LinkedIn profile:
- Follow the steps above and choose LinkedIn
- If you haven't connected your LinkedIn account with your profile, choose Connect.
- Sign into your account and allow Credly to access.
- Once connected, you'll see both options to Add to Profile or Share to Feed
- If you'd like to only add your badge to your profile, uncheck Share to Feed and vice versa if you'd like to only Share to your Feed
- Click Share to LinkedIn
- LinkedIn will open a new window, populating all of your badge information
- Click Save and your badge will be posted to your LinkedIn Profile.
Your badge will then appear under the License and Certification section of your LinkedIn profile. Only the SMU logo will appear next to your badge information. Clicking See Credential will take anyone viewing this badge from your LinkedIn profile to the badge assertion page within your profile.