Change in Space Usage Request

Any modification of academic space that changes the capacity, nature, function, or availability of a classroom, lab, research space, or office in an academic unit must be proposed, reviewed, and approved by the Academic Space Committee and the Provost. Examples of requests that must be reviewed and approved include:

  1. Eliminating or reducing the size of a classroom
  2. Eliminating or reducing the occupancy of an office
  3. Requesting restricted/department only usage of a space
  4. Converting space to an alternate use temporarily or permanently (ex: office space to storage, conference room to office space, research or lab to non-lab or non-research, etc.)
Please use this form to submit a request to modify academic space. No modification of academic space, of the types described above, may occur without approval.