SMU Resources

Dedman College Diversity & Inclusion Office: Dedman College is committed to advancing the University Strategic Plan’s goals regarding diversity, the Black University Forum Action Plan, and University Moving Forward Together Plan in the mission to help our campus become a more welcoming, equitable, and inclusive environment for all its members.

Disability Accommodations & Success Strategies (DASS): Located in the A-LEC, DASS is available to help students and their professors reach appropriate accommodations. DASS also offers support for students with learning disabilities and ADHD.

Dr. Bob Smith Health Center: The Dr. Bob Smith Health Center is a convenient medical clinic located on the SMU campus for diagnosis and treatment of illness and injury. The clinic is staffed by mid-level providers', registered nurses, pharmacists, and laboratory and x-ray technologists.

International Student & Scholar Services: Provides immigration services to students and scholars on F or J visas.  

Student Athlete Academic Services : Helps identify academic support needs through consultation with coaches and student athletes, and conferring with faculty and academic advisors to determine the most effective academic assistance and services.

Student Academic Success Programs (SASP): Helps students rise to academic challenges and assists them in successfully completing the undergraduate curriculum. SASP specialists offer students programs designed to maximize their learning potential, personal adjustment, and academic performance.

SMU Libraries: Visit one of seven on-campus libraries to meet and study, utilize research guides, get in touch with subject librarians, check out books and more!

Veterans: The University Registrar’s Office certifies veterans each term for their benefits under federal programs, including the Yellow Ribbon Program. Most academic programs at SMU qualify for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs benefits, making an SMU education accessible and affordable. Veterans are required to provide specific documents before they can be certified with the VA’s Veterans Benefits Administration.