We do our best to make the housing application process worry-free. We take you step-by-step based on who you are—incoming first-year or transfer student, returning resident, current student not living on campus, or graduate student.
Incoming First-Year and Transfer Students
Welcome, incoming first-year and transfer students! Below are the steps to get you started with the on-campus housing application. As you work through the process, we are here to help. Get in touch if you have questions or if we can be of any assistance.
- Once you are admitted to SMU, accept your offer of admission and pay your admission deposit.
- Allow one to two business days for access to the housing application. You will receive an email when the housing portal is ready for you.
- Log into the SMU Housing Portal using your SMU ID and password.
- Follow the step-by-step directions to complete your application.
- If you haven’t received instructions by email within three weeks of paying your deposit, email us (email@example.com) with your name and SMU ID number.
We are excited to have you back! Returning residents are rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students. Reapply for SMU on-campus housing on the SMU Housing Portal during the advertised reapplication period in February and March each year. No housing deposit is required.
Current SMU Students Not Living On Campus
Current students not living on campus or who are returning after an absence may email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the SMU Housing Portal.
New graduate students may request an application from Residence Life & Student Housing (RLSH) beginning in March. New graduate students must pay a $100 nonrefundable housing deposit. Email email@example.com for availability.
Summer School & May Term
Spending your summer in the city? We offer housing for students enrolled at SMU during the summer!