For serious medical situations such as a severe bleeding, head injury, or other major trauma, go straight to the nearest EMERGENCY ROOM or call 911. Other critical conditions include severe abdominal pain; sudden dizziness, weakness, or loss of coordination or balance; sudden blurred vision or loss of vision; deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop; and loss of consciousness.
Local Emergency Rooms
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas 8200 Walnut Hill Ln., Dallas, TX (214) 345-6789
- ER of Texas 6215 Hillcrest Ave, Dallas, TX (469) 868-6322
- Baylor Hospital 3500 Gaston Ave., Dallas, TX (214) 820-0111
Urgent Care Centers
- Sinai Urgent Care 3414 Milton Ave, Dallas, TX 469-522-3995* (Sinai Urgent Care is located in Snider Plaza, in walking distance from campus.)
- City Doc (Inwood Village) 5301 W. Lovers Lane, STE. 109 Dallas, TX 214-352-7800*
- PrimaCare 6350 Mockingbird Ln, Dallas, TX 214-828-0448*
- CareNow Urgent Care 4844 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 214-295-9410*
- CareNow Urgent Care 4617 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 469-804-9289*
*NOTE: Urgent Care Centers with an asterisk are covered by the SMU student insurance and have COVID-19 testing available.
Medical Questions and Concerns
The Dr. Bob Smith Health Center has an after hours Nurse Advice Line available for students. Any time the Health Center is closed, you can call our regular telephone number (214) 768-2141 and select option #2, to speak with a registered nurse who will assist you in obtaining the appropriate care.
Sexual Assault Emergencies
If you have experienced any form of sexual harassment, please know that you are not alone. SMU and community resources can help, including 24-hour emergency response, medical care and confidential counseling. You can choose the resources you are most comfortable contacting.
For information about a SANE Exam at the SMU Health Center, 6211 Bishop Blvd., a certified Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) will provide medical care and a sexual assault exam; call 1-800-886-7273
For more information about sexual assault or harassment on campus, please visit https://smu.edu/sexualharassment.