Each student receives an annual allowance of 1,500 pages of "free" printing in the computer lab and the three printers/copiers/scanners on the library’s second floor. The credit, equivalent to $75, is placed in your printing account each August 15.
Instructions for Printing using a Web Browser
- Go to printing.smu.edu and log in with your SMU ID and Password.
- Click on "Web Print" on the left hand column and then on "Submit a Job."
- Choose your printer, number of copies and upload your documents. Maximum file size is 10MB.
- Find the nearest printer and either swipe your ID Card or enter your SMU ID and password to print your document.
Additional Printing Information
- Add funds to your SMU ID card account with PaperCut
- Printing not released within 4 hours is automatically deleted from the server at no charge
- More information
Lexis allows students to print research materials from its database for free on Lexis-owned printers in the library’s computer lab. Using the Lexis printers is a great way to conserve your annual 1500-page “free” printing allotment. To print to the Lexis printers, select the "LIBRARY" or "3RD FLOOR COMPUTER LAB" printer from the Lexis printing options.
Multi-function machines that photocopy, print, and scan are available on the law library’s second floor.
- Photocopying/Printing/Scanning by SMU Faculty, Staff, and Students: You can use the photocopiers/printers/scanners by swiping your SMU ID card in the attached card reader or by manually keying in your ID number and password.
- Photocopying/Printing/Scanning by Guests: Payment for photocopies/printing/scanning requires that you to create a photocopy/print/scan account online. View instructions for creating your account, adding monetary value to your account, and photocopying/printing/scanning.
ScanningAll photocopiers / printers / scanners on the library's second floor are equipped for scanning. The photocopiers include document feeders and are a fast option for scanning numerous loose pages. Documents that are scanned are delivered by email. Due to file size limits of the email system, there is a 60 page limit per scan. There is no charge for scanning, but a user account is required.