There has been little published on the desegregation of Dallas schools other than the hundreds of articles that appeared in newspapers such as the Dallas Morning News and Dallas Times Herald and various popular magazines. The leading publication is Professor Glenn Linden’s book listed below.
- Geoffrey P. Albert et al., “Dallas, Texas: The Intervention of Business Leaders”, in Community Politics and Educational Change: Ten School Systems Under Court Order 155-73 (Charles V. Willie & Susan L. Greenblath eds., 1981). 351 pages.
- Dallas Chamber of Commerce, Keep It Together Dallas! (1975-1977?). 12 pages. Cover: ‘The Dallas business community's involvement in the creation of the Dallas Alliance and the development of the Dallas plan for desegregation of the public school system.’
- League of Women Voters of Dallas, Implementing School Desegregation (1971). 39 pages.
- Glenn M. Linden, Desegregating Schools in Dallas: Four Decades in the Federal Courts (1995). 243 pages.
- William J. Webster & Russell A. Chadbourn, Desegregation: The Dallas Experience (1981).
- William Ross Carmack & Theodore Freedman, Dallas, Texas, Factors Affecting School Desegregation (Anti-Defamation League of B'Nai B'rith 1963?). 30 pages.
- Dallas Independent School District, Confluence of Cultures Desegregation Plan (1971). 37 pages.
- Perceptions, Opinions and Attitudes Toward the DISD and School Desegregation: Report of a District-Wide Survey Conducted for the Coordinating Community Network of the Dallas Independent School District (Louis, Bowles and Grove 1977). 45 pages.
- Daniel S. Sheehan & Mary McIntosh Marcus, Desegregation Report No. 1: The Effects of Bussing Status and Student Ethnicity on Achievement Test Scores (Dallas Independent School District 1977). 24 pages.
- _____, Desegregation Report No. 2: Relationships Between Student Attitudes and Selected Background and Achievement Characteristics (Dallas Independent School District 1977). 23 pages.
- William W. Beck et al., Identifying School Desegregation Leadership Styles, 49 J. Negro Educ. 115 (1980).
- Paulinda A. Krug, A Case Study in the Rhetoric of Resistance: Desegregation of the Dallas Independent School District During the 1975-1976 School Year (1978) (M.S. thesis, North Texas State University). 115 pages.
- James Alan Swan, A Study of Policy Implementation: Desegregation of the Dallas Independent School District (1983) (M.A. thesis, University of Texas at Arlington). 76 pages.
- Helen Harlan Wulf, Some Aspects of Desegregation in Dallas, Texas, 1956-1957 (1958) (M.A. thesis, Southern Methodist University). 140 pages.
- Christi Collier & Susan Kent Caudill, The Selling of the Plan (KERA-TV 1976) (32 minutes). This video focuses on how the Dallas business community sold desegregation to the city by using an advertising agency, community leaders, and business people.
- Dallas at the Crossroads (Dallas Citizens Council 1961) (21 minutes; on file with Southern Methodist University’s Center for Media Instruction and Technology). This film was produced for exhibition to school and community groups throughout Dallas in preparation for the planned desegregation in June 1961. The film features Walter Cronkite and interviews with several white community leaders arguing for peaceful desegregation and the need to avoid the racial violence that occurred in other Southern cities at that time.