All University travelers are required to register international travel.
If you have made a travel booking outside of Concur (with approval) use the directions below for email parsing.
Begin by booking your travel.
Please Note: You must use your SMU email address, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org, for booking purposes as your SMU email address with travel confirmation/itinerary will be used to register travel with Risk Management.
To register your travel in the Risk Management system, Safeture, you will forward your travel booking confirmation to SMU@safeturetravel.com.
- The original booking confirmation email from the point of sale.
- Bookings can be in HTML email or PDF format. Email parsing uses Optical Character Recognition therefore the PDF must allow copy/paste.
- All required information must be included in the booking email for successful parsing.
The email is parsed exactly as it appears, and no additional resources are used to look up missing information.
- Sending emails with forwards or conversations
- Photos or scans of bookings/itineraries
- Boarding passes
- Sending multiple itineraries or bookings. Each email should only contain one itinerary.
- Nested emails or calendar attachments. Only one attachment per email, such as a booking PDF.
- Encrypted PDFs or scanned images
When you have received the booking confirmation for your scheduled trip, forward a copy from your SMU email address to SMU@safeturetravel.com. The forwarded email must only include the booking confirmation information. Any attachments, such as pre-trip approvals, non-itinerary emails, and invoices, will cause the information not to be processed by Safeture.
Safeture will send an automated email with instructions to complete the mandatory Pre-Travel Form and the assigned Travel Risk Awareness e-Learning. Be on the lookout for an email from Safeture.