A limited number of scholarships are available to full-time SMU undergraduate students enrolled in Dallas intersessions courses. Assistance is awarded at the discretion of the Intersessions Scholarship Committee based on financial need, academic merit, and strength of the applicant's essay.
An Intersessions Scholarship may be combined with other financial aid, not to exceed the cost of tuition.
- The scholarship may only be applied towards the cost of tuition (it cannot be applied to housing costs, book costs, etc.).
- Funding for each term is discrete and cannot be transferred to apply toward another term (e.g., a May Term scholarship award cannot be applied to June-July courses, etc.).
- Those receiving staff/dependent benefits through SMU are not eligible.
- The scholarship is not applicable to the Meadows New York Colloquium in Jan Term.
- A reduction of enrolled credit hours will result in a reduction in award funds.
- A student must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours to be eligible for this award. If a student is awarded a scholarship and subsequently drops below 3 credit hours, the scholarship will be forfeited.
Eligible students may apply by submitting the online application form with required essays that describe a student's financial need, as well as how Intersessions attendance will help meet academic and/or professional goals.
Please note - courses administered by the SMU-in-Taos program have a separate application. Click here to learn more.